MTC Life

Our second letters from Jaxon came as expected on Friday morning.  We were in Alberta and constantly checking our in-box to see if emails had arrived yet.  I can't explain the feeling when we get a letter - it is joy times 1000! :)  I wish they were longer and answered every question we ask and were full of pictures so we could just see is face and see the joy that he is feeling and that he expresses in his letters...I'm sure we'll get pictures some day...maybe!

We are so proud of him and proud of all that he is learning.  We already can tell that he is learning and growing and becoming a great leader and friend to those around him.  We sure love that boy!

Letter 1:

Hey All!

WHAT A WEEK. It's been an insane week here at the MTC. Classroom time has been so amazing and I've learned SO much from my teachers and my study time. I'm really starting to feel the Spirit more and more and being able to actually teach through it. We heard about Elder Packer's passing, but us having little access and time to the internet, didn't hear about it until our teacher told us about it on Saturday. We were blessed to watch the funeral and listen to the speakers just a few hours ago, and it was amazing to hear our Prophet speak. As soon as he got up, I felt the Spirit testify to me that Thomas S Monson is the Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What a spirit filled service.

We had Elder Condie here on Tuesday Night for the Devotional, and he spoke POWERFULLY about the First Vision. I loved it, and it was just what we needed to hear to teach one of our investigator's, Ben. Gah. I love this church. 

After the devotional, {one of my friends} kinda had a tough go. He wasn't feeling so confident, and I sat down with him and talked to him for about twenty minutes. I really have been feeling the love that Heavenly Father has for all of His children this past week. 

Super crazy to think that you guys will be in Kingston this time in a month or two. You all will have an amazing time there, and I KNOW it's the right thing to be doing. The Lord has a work for us all, and this is the family's work right now. Go build the church in Kingston. 

We're also teaching an investigator named Ashton, and he's been totally receptive to everything we're teaching.

Yes, I got the package. Everyone loves the Canadian candy. 

OH. And Dad. One of my teachers is a Brother Winters? He's Marc Vance's Nephew. It was super sweet to meet him. 

My P-day in California will be on Monday, and I leave at 3:30 IN THE MORNING on Monday for my flight.

Things have been amazing. I love this work, and I know that I am called of God to do His work here on the earth.

Next time i email, I'll be in the field!

Love you All,

Elder Harvey


Doctrine and Covenants 122:7-9

Letter 2:

AND THERE WAS A FREAKING AWESOME THUNDERSTORM A COUPLE NIGHTS AGO AND I LOVED IT. 

Letter 3:

Oh, and to answer your question, I will be getting a new training companion on Monday i believe. But yeah, Monday is going to be my P-day and I'm super excited to finally get out into the field.

I love you all so much. Remember that we are converted not to the church, but to Jesus Christ. And that Jesus Christ and His Atonement is central to EVERYTHING in the church. 

Miss you all, 

Elder Harvey

PS.... This has been the most amazing two weeks of my life. Here's to 102 more weeks! :) I'm gonna go baptize all of California.





No comments:

Post a Comment