January 18, 2016 - Solvang Ward

Hey All!

So, this week has been super interesting. With the fact that I obviously hurt my ankle last week, but I also ended up getting real sick. Haha. Everything tends to hit you at once, right?


So, Monday we chilled out at a church building with our District. The rest of the week, we tried to make it out to as many people as possible, but weren't able to do much because of the situation. Which is okay! More studying for me and Elder Hubbard! Elder Hubbard is really cool. He is from Riverton, Utah. Youngest of six, and he served a two transfer mission in Ogden before coming to Ventura! He served in Ventura, until he was emergency transferred to be with me! We have a lot of commonalities, the main one being our love of music. So it has been a good and easy transition! 

So. I AM AN UNCLE! Kinda. Not really. We got a call on Wednesday that our investigator, Vanessa, was in the emergency room! HER BABY WAS COMING! Ah. I was so excited, but was too sick to show any emotions. So, we called our District Leader (they were in the hospital that is out of our area, but in everyone else's area...) and they went over with the Spanish Elders, and the Hermanas, and went and saw them and gave Vanessa a blessing before she went in for her c-section! It was awesome, the Hermanas went and sang a song to her and prayed with her and gave her support, and then my two Canadians, Elder Bradley and Elder Jo, went and gave her the blessing! It was great to hear about this, and we got permission to go and we got there just after little Jeremiah was born! We saw him, and Rick was through the roof excited to be a new Dad again! It's brought him and Vanessa closer, and we are really excited for what is in store for them! 

There is a youth here with us right now. His name is Braxton. He wants me to say hi. So he says hi :)

Well, we didn't do much else this week. Being bogged down by the flu and a bum ankle really stinks, but, there's a good scripture that explains what I have thought about this past week! 

"2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

 3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

 4 For after much tribulation come the blessings.Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

 5 Remember this, which I tell you before, that you may lay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow.

 6 Behold, verily I say unto you, for this cause I have sent you—that you might be obedient, and that your hearts might be prepared to bear testimony of the things which are to come;

 7 And also that you might be honored in laying the foundation, and in bearing record of the land upon which the Zion of God shall stand;" (Doctrine and Covenants 58:2-7)

Okay, I got your email about my contacts, and I think the prescription is right, it just is supposed to be in "-". My glasses are perfect, but I was looking at my other contacts, and instead of a plus it's a negative as well. Those are my thoughts, because I remember them saying something about a contact lens script. So yeah. 

As far as my ankle goes, everything has seemed to be fine. I am doing physical therapy this week for it, and then I should have this stupid boot off in no time! 
 
Anything else? I am not sure. Oh! We had Zone Meeting this week. And it was good. We are focusing on Preaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts, something that Elder Oaks has told all the Mission Presidents will be the focus of the WorldWide Training on Wednesday! WHICH I AM SO EXCITED FOR. We think they are going to announce some new training videos for us. It's exciting!

Well, I hope that everything is going well! But yeah. I also heard about the football games. How crazy is everything that is going on in the NFL! LA Rams! Maybe we will go to a game. ;)

Have an amazing week! 

Love,

Elder Harvey


No comments:

Post a Comment