June 12th, 2017 - San Luis Obispo 1st Ward

#IDon'tEvenKnowAnymore

Email 100.

Or something like that.

All I know is that I've sent a lot of emails.

And now there's only two left.

GAH.

Jameson's party looked like a ton of fun! It really did look like a gay pride party.... Hahaha. (we had a "Trolls" themed birthday for Jameson...lots of rainbows!) He got some sweet presents. Crazy to think I am 21 in a couple weeks. Dad, I would love to go golfing when I get home! That would be sweet. I'll be a little rusty, but that's okay! I don't know if I will be sending a package home or not.... I am gradually going through all of my things, and deciding what I want to keep and what I want to throw/give away. I think you asked about the birthday last week.... Not a lot of things I want (As usual). If you're planning on getting things other than clothes.... I would love a new quad :) I'll probably just get an iPad Pro later on once I have the money. Also... Phone situation? Will I be getting one soon? :P

This week has been an interesting one. I feel like we are just running around like crazy. We have had almost no time to find. Just teaching and planning and teaching and driving. Quite a few appointments cancelled on us this week too, which allowed us to finish the things we needed to finish! 

Monday. We played basketball with the Atascadero District. It was fun! A lot of my favorite Elders in that District. Had breakfast for dinner with the Packard's, and then had an awesome lesson with Parker and Haylee. They are seriously so cool. They ask some amazing questions, and the Spirit was super strong. We talked about Following the Prophet and about the Priesthood and Auxiliaries of the Church. Like I said, it went really well.

Tuesday. We were on exchanges! I went with Elder Nielsen. I have never served around this Elder, so it was fun to get to know him a ton. In the morning, we traveled over to a place called Morro Bay. Does that sound familiar? It should. Apparently it's where Finding Dory takes place or something. Although it is waaaaay different than how it is portrayed in the movie. Not way different I guess, but it's a small town. We went to the High School there and set up 2,000 chairs for graduation. It took 10 of us, and we finished in an hour. Pretty fast! Went by some people all day, including a good ol' tracting hour. Gotta love it. We talked with this bashy lady. She was telling us, "You need to understand, you're in a cult." I was just trying to give her a Book of Mormon. But she went off about Joseph Smith and such, and I asked some question. I think it was something like: "That's too bad, why do you feel this way?" And she went on to talk about how we worship Joseph Smith. Well, I got fed up, and I cut her off and said, "We don't worship Joseph Smith!" To which she replied, "Well, to us on the outside it seems that way." I guess I put some bold powder in my Cheerios that morning. I replied: "Well, that's because people don't read the Book of Mormon and so they get crazy misconceptions." That ended the conversation pretty quickly. It was fun! People need to read the Book of Mormon before they accept or deny Joseph Smith as a Prophet.. It's just so simple! We then had to move a couple cars, and then had dinner at Subway. Good stuff.

Wednesday. We set up for interviews in the morning, and had lunch with the DeGroot family. Had a lesson with Barbara about the Law of Chastity. I thought teaching a 9-year-old girl the Law of Chastity was difficult. Try teaching a 90-year-old woman. It's weird. I did MyPlan after that. Learned all about Dating and Eternal Marriage. There was some good stuff in there! Then we had our interviews with President and Sister Felix. My interview with President was like half an hour long. It was fun to just talk with him. Those two have truly made such an impact in my life, and I am forever grateful for them. Had a lesson with Colleen, a less-active lady. Nothing really went on there. Had dinner with the Garza family, which was awesome. Had some Orange Pancakes. SUPER GOOD. Had a lesson with the Francis family. Elder Gemar found out he is related to Jessica. It was sweet! 

Thursday. Did service out on the farm. It was fun. The family is also called the Francis', but they are older and not related. Elder Kelly and I were looking after these baby turkeys they have, and then all of a sudden we noticed that everyone was pecking on this little white one in a corner! AHHH! It was crazy. We moved quick, and I ended up grabbing it out of the cage. Poor little guy. Everyone had pecked off half of his left wing. It was SO SAD. He is probably dead now, but I let him live a little longer! We put him in a container, but yeah. He looked pretty bad. Had dinner with the Todd's that night, and then did some Weekly Planning. Well, tried to. It ended up having to be done on Friday and Saturday. Too many things to figure out!

Friday. District Meeting in Paso Robles. It was fun. Went to Taco Bell with Elder Atkinson and Elder 'Iongi after. Did some more car switching, and then did most of our Weekly Planning. Had a sweet lesson with Brandon. He had a date for the 24th, but hasn't been able to come to church. Unless a miracle happens, it looks like no baptisms for the month! Oh, before I forget, something happened with Noah. But I will tell you all about it when I get home. Too much to type.... Had dinner with the Platt's, and then had a hilarious lesson with Richard. 

Saturday. Had a lesson with Elisa, about Temples and Families. It went well! She really wants to go to the temple, just needs to have the drive to get baptized. Don't ask me why that doesn't correlate, but it's something we're working on! Had lunch, and then tried to get Weekly Planning finished. Talked for a few hours about member work... It's really hard! Had dinner with the Long's, and then a lesson with Gayne. Followed by Correlation that night!

Sunday. We spoke in Sacrament Meeting! I spoke on President Nelson's talk "Drawing the Power of Jesus Christ into our Lives." It went well, and seems like everyone enjoyed it! We did Zone Evaluations all day, and then had dinner with the Nunes family. 

Great week, eh? Looking forward to these next couple of weeks. My final interview with President will be on Saturday, and then it's all downhill from there!

President Nelson says:

"There is nothing easy or automatic about becoming such powerful disciples. Our focus must be riveted on the Savior and His gospel. It is mentally rigorous to strive to look unto Him in every thought. But when we do, our doubts and fears flee. ...Faith in Jesus Christ propels us to do things we otherwise would not do. Faith that motivates us to action gives us more access to His power."

In the great words of Shia LeBoeuf (I have NO idea how to spell his name.) JUST DO IT. Faith in Jesus Christ is something that isn't the easiest thing to continually develop, but it is such a simple thing that we can constantly enhance and improve. All it takes are those simple things. Pray sincerely individually and as a family. Study the Word of God. Attend the temple. Attend Church Meetings. Strive continually to build your foundation on the Savior (Helaman 5:9-12). I believe that nothing can compare to Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Learn of Him. Have Faith and Follow Him. Make and Keep Sacred Covenants with PRECISION. And reach UP to Him in Faith! President Nelson:

"When you reach up for the Lord’s power in your life with the same intensity that a drowning person has when grasping and gasping for air, power from Jesus Christ will be yours. When the Savior knows you truly want to reach up to Him—when He can feel that the greatest desire of your heart is to draw His power into your life—you will be led by the Holy Ghost to know exactly what you should do."

He lives! I know it, and I know how much He has strengthened me as I have been on His errand. 

This is His Church, and His true and only true Gospel on the Earth today. 

Have an amazing week! 

Love,

Elder Harvey

Me and Elder Nielsen

Elder Kelly, Elder Gemar, and I

Elder Kelly, Richard, and I​

No comments:

Post a Comment