July 27, 2015 - Pismo Beach & Arroyo Grande 1st Wards

Jaxon is loving his mission - it is everything he's thought it would be and more!  He seems to have a wonderful companion - who is on his last transfer before going home - but is still working hard and finishing out his mission strong.  Here's what he has to say this week...

Hey All! 

Great to hear that you all are doing so well. This second week down in California has been great! Being the companion to a district leader, I help in exchanges and we have had two this past week. Super cool miracles happening all around us too. 

So on Tuesday, I was with Elder Jones in my area and we were contacting some people when a bulldog ran up to us. Probably the nicest dog I have ever met in my life! With the dog, a 13 year old girl named Leane came and asked us a bunch of questions about who we were, and about prophets and the bible. We had a thirty minute lesson on the Restoration right then and there, and she invited us back to teach her family, if they were interested. We left her with a Restoration pamphlet, and we are going to see her soon. 

We were up in Grover Beach, and we were walking along the street after talking with an investigator of ours, Heidi, and this man came out of his garage with a Stop the Oil Trains badge on and we asked him about it and we were talking when he asked us if we were missionaries and told us that he was converted to Christ about a year and a half ago. We continued to talk about his conversion from Atheism when we asked about the Book of Mormon, and he said he heard a little bit about it, but wanted to know more. We ended up giving Mark a copy, and he committed himself to read it and pray about it, and we are going back to see him tomorrow!

Okay. Saturday was crazy. We were on exchanges, and I don't know if I told you, but there are three new missionaries in our district, which means I have to exchange with the two other ones at least once this transfer, and this happened on Saturday. I had a ride set up with a member in our ward named Jeremy McNeil, super awesome guy who's leaving for Winnipeg in two weeks for his mission! Anyways, he couldn't driver us around all of a sudden, and we couldn't find another ride, so we started walking, and were outside for about three and a half hours straight, with a huge miracle. We contacted Sandy, a potential from three years ago, and she hadn't been contacted since. So we went, and she said she had been reading and praying about the Book of Mormon for THREE YEARS. AND she said she felt peace and happiness whenever she read it. We set up a return appointment, and we are suuuuper excited to teach her. 

Yes, we are in a car. In our cars are this device called a Tiwi, and it tracks where we are, how fast we are going, seat belts, RPM, the whole shabang. So I have to wait until next transfer to get my "Tiwi Card" and be authorized to drive. I was one of two missionaries that sent in all of my driving things in the mail! So I am ready to go. 

We are allowed to listen to any music that we think brings the Spirit, so if you can, I'd love for Aydan to make a USB drive with a bunch of classical music and church songs and such. That would be sweet. 

OH also, I didn't tell you this, but last Sunday we spent NINE AND A HALF hours at church. Crazy stuff.

I'm loving it down here, and am so excited for you all to take the trek down to Kingston. 

Thanks for everything. Life is just a great thing down here. I took the attached picture of the ocean. Yeah. I live here.

Also, here are pictures of my apartment!

Love you all,

Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment