March 14, 2016 - Santa Barbara

Hey All!

This week has been another fun week! Of course, missions are ALWAYS fun! Haha, but I think this week has gotten me very excited for the last two weeks of our transfer! I think it definitely was capped off with the new Easter Initiative being launched yesterday! Have you watched the video yet? It is insanely good. Here's a link to the new website: 


or just type in followhim.mormon.org

Anyways, we had a pretty decent week this week! Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Davis, and that was fun! We met with this man who had received the Melchizedek Priesthood last Sunday, and talked with him about his experience! He had been less active for 65 years, and he finally came back and now his goal is to enter the temple and be sealed to his deceased wife for time and all eternity! It was a really spiritual experience, and I really loved meeting him! 

So, I made my long awaited return to Solvang on Wednesday! I had my last physical therapy session out there, and it went well! He said that I could go without my brace for a little bit, and so I did. That night, I stepped off the sidewalk and rolled my ankle a little. So we went in and rested it the rest of the night. That was fun! It's all good though. Just gotta keep moving and keep doing my stretches.

We taught Abby a couple of times this week too! She is definitely on track to be baptized on March 26th! It is really cool to see how much she already knows, and to be able to answer her questions! It has been a huge testimony builder to me, thinking that the Gospel is to be understood not only by adults, but it can be understood by young children as well! The Gospel is so complex, but it is also so simple! 

Nothing else has really happened this week.... Oh, I gave a talk in our Zone Meeting this week on the Holy Ghost! It was neat. I learned something pretty cool that I didn't know before! The gift of the Holy Ghost wasn't available while Christ was on the Earth! So that was fun to study that out. 

So exciting that Easter is coming up soon. I am definitely excited for the next couple of weeks! Gonna spread #hallelujah to the masses. I would send you pictures today, but my computer sucks and can't send pictures. But, I did rediscover a song this past week. Most of you will probably remember it... I attached it. It's funny, listen to the words! We listened to this probably 10 years ago. Little did I know..... I would be in California! 

Anyways, I love all of you and hope you all have an amazing week! Emerson, the Lord will bless you for the sacrifice you have had to make with that job offer you had that you had to turn down. 1 Samuel chapter 15 says that it is better to obey than to sacrifice! You did that right thing, and now you just need to have that Faith and Hope that God will bless you for your obedience.

Have an amazing week! 

Love,

Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment