April 18, 2016 - Santa Barbara

#wetotallyjustgotrearended #quoteunquoteElderHarvey2016

Hey E'rryone!

Haha. So this week has been another great week here in Santa Barbara! I don't think it hit above 80 degrees for most of the week. Sunday was HOT. But that's okay. Oh yeah, and I finally became a victim to the freeways of California. More on that later though.

EMERSON YES. YEEEEESSSSSS! (We had just told Jaxon that Emerson's mission papers had been sent in) I am SUPER excited for you. Maybe you'll come here and I will be your trainer. That would be hilarious. Anyways, I hope I can see you open it, but, if not, know that WHEREVER you go, you are needed by the Lord there for a specific purpose. Don't let anything drag you down, especially during your waiting period! I remember waiting six months to leave on my mission. It was tough, but limit distractions and focus on what you are being called to do: to be  a representative of The Lord, Jesus Christ, wherever you are called to go. It is a heavy mantle, that's for sure. The Apostles refer to us as their "fellow-servants" whenever they address us personally. For the two years you are a missionary, you are standing side by side with the Apostles and Prophet, doing what Jesus Christ called them to do: 

"19 ¶Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28)

Anyways, this week was good! On Tuesday, we saw Kevin. Kevin, if I haven't talked about him before, is a less-active in our Ward who we meet with pretty regularly. On Tuesday, we found out that he has been meeting with some Jehovah Witness friends of his, and we had a really great lesson with him, but it was also very confusing. He has a lot of different doctrines jumbling around in his head, and so it became a very interesting, but great lesson. We saw him again on Thursday and talked about the Plan of Salvation a little bit more, and it went well! He also came to church yesterday!

And Thursday. It was Elder Brown's birthday! I DID plan a little surprise for him. It was awesome. We do Weekly Planning on Thursday's, and so I made a plan that our Zone Leaders would bake him a cake and come in the middle of our planning session and surprise him with a birthday visit! It was great. Then, on the same day we were able to go and sing at an Old Folks Home with the District! That wasn't Elder Brown's favorite thing to do on his birthday, but neither was the Dodge Ram that decided to give him a birthday bump. While we were on the freeway. Haha, it was all good! We were at a stand-still, and just in heavy traffic going to our Relief Society President's house for dinner, and the truck idled into us. Nothing happened, no injuries, a few scratches on both cars, but everything is all good! We then had some pizza and brownies for dinner, and exchanged that night!

Went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders on Friday, and I was doing YSA work again! It was a fun day, we had Zone Meeting, and then saw a few people. It was a good exchange, and a great Zone Meeting on working more effectively with members.

Saturday, Elder Brown was sick again, so we didn't do too much. 

I think that's it from me. I found some things on Family Search this past week. Well, really just one thing that caught my eye. Clinton Pierson... I saw that he hasn't had any temple work done? And that it's reserved by Sandy? Any information on that Mom? If it's possible.... I would love to do the work for him when I come home. 

Oh, I didn't send a package home last week, but I did send something. So look for that in the mail sometime soon. I will send the package home today. Also, I have one contact lens left for each eye... Is there any chance that I can get some more?

Know that I love all of you. This church is true, and I know it without a doubt in my mind. Even on hard weeks, or hard months, where no one seems to want to listen, I know that I just need to push ahead, I just need to know that God has a plan for me and His Children (God's timing, right Mom? ;) ) and I need to know that there are people that He is preparing. Everyone has their individual agency. 

Anyways, HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!

Love,

Elder Harvey

PS:  Also, no one has sent me family history stories. But I need them fairly soon. Also, if you have any pictures, I am trying to fill out the "My Family" pamphlet

Also, let Maddy know I say congrats!

Ryan Nelson just emailed me, and he's a Zone Leader! 




No comments:

Post a Comment