May 9, 2016 - Westlake YSA Ward

#ElderHarveyGoesSouth #ItWasBoundToHappenSometime


Heyooooooo!

Well... Interesting and crazy week. But it was fun. Being in a tripan with Zone Leaders was crazy awesome. Never a dull moment. But we made it through and did all we could to further the work in both wards. Aaaaaaaand. I am getting transferred! I will head to the most southern part of the mission, and be serving as a Zone Leader in the Westlake YSA Ward with Elder Snyder. I am mega excited. It is going to be an awesome time, and I will FINALLY get to go to the temple next month! I haven't been since June 27th, 2015. So that will be awesome to go. We get to go during the month of our birthday, and only if we don't serve in the Santa Maria or Santa Barbara zones, and that is where I have spent my entire mission so far. So this will be good :)

Not a ton to report on. We had an awesome lesson with some YSA on Monday night. One of the members was walking around and stopped someone on the street and gave him a Book of Mormon, and we ended up teaching three people during our appointment. Hopefully that turns out well for Elder Stewart and Elder Summers. 

We helped Don some more on Wednesday. That was fun. Last time I will ever be there probably, and he wasn't too happy about it. He nearly broke down in tears when we told him at church. He is still praying and reading though! Which is awesome. Only a matter of time until he gets tackled by the Spirit. 

We also were able to see the Holguins on Saturday evening. Sammy and Abby gave me some adorable cards. And I will attach pictures of them. Sad to leave them, but they will continue to grow in the gospel. 

( I had asked Jaxon what he remembered most about the year he studied the Old Testament in Seminary) So, my Old Testament Experience was AWESOME. I loved learning about the Old Testament and Pearl of Great Price from Sister Guenther. The main thing I remember is she really drilled into our head that we need to learn from the past. The Old Testament is for us just as much as any other scripture! Full of amazing stories, and amazing examples of both how not to do things and how to do things the right way. She also opened Isaiah to me, and we really learned how the prophecies and teachings in that book applied so much to us. My favorite scripture might just be found in Daniel 2. The one about the stone being cut out of the mountain without hands. The restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was prophesied by so many prophets of old. 

Anyways, I am very excited for my new assignment and for the opportunity I have to serve even more. To learn to love even more and help my fellow missionaries even more. I know that the Lord qualifies whom he calls, and I pray He will do the same for me. 

I love you all, and I hope Aydan passes her test! (Aydan took her driver's test that afternoon)

Love,

Elder Harvey

PS:  Oh, also, I am not sending a package home. I don't have anything to send. But I do need some vacuum bags for packing. If that's okay. And some sheet protectors. 

NEW ADDRESS:
573 Hampshire Road #133-B
Westlake Village, California, USA
91361

"Conversation" between Jaxon and Bryan:
B: Vacuum Bags?
J: Yeah. The Ziploc ones. makes packing a lot easier. I have some from Elder Leavitt actually. I don't need any I think.
B:  OK. How's the luggage holding up?  
J:  It is doing well! I have to pack hardcore today.
B:  Make sure you 
get that apartment cleaned!! Do your Momma proud :)
J: Will do! Love you Dad. Have a great week! Don't die on your bike!  (Bryan had fallen off his bike a few days prior)

Elder Harvey and Abby




No comments:

Post a Comment