April 4, 2016 - Santa Barbara

#LDSconf #Hollanddoesitagain #insertdropofmichere

Hey Errybody!

So, this week has been a busy one. Week One's are always that way. Trying to get everything in order for the rest of the transfer, and it was particularly busy with Conference being this weekend too! Elder Brown and I get along really well actually. Dad asked about my companions and how we have gotten along, and to be completely honest, I have really only not gotten along with one companion of mine out of the seven. And every one of them has reminded me of friends from back at home! Elder Hunter reminded me a lot of Ryan Nelson. Elder Hubbard reminded me a lot of Kyle Martin (yes. him and I are best friends.) Elder Lamb reminded me of Josh Gehman. Elder DuPlessis reminded me of Owen Tinney. Elder Leavitt reminded me of Dylan Mattie. And Elder Beus reminded me of someone. I can't think that far back now. But yes, we have all gotten along but one of them! My new companion, Elder Brown, reminds me a lot of Josh Fischer. It has been awesome to get to know Elder Brown a lot more this past week. He is very organized with his area book, and we are planning to build a lot of member trust in the ward for the next five weeks. 

Wasn't Conference just amazing? I loved every single talk. I thought President Eyring really set the tone for the entire conference with his opening remarks. Elder Hallstrom talking about our divine heritage as children of God. Elder Stevenson talking about the keys of the priesthood. Elder Duncan talkng about the purifying power of the Atonement. Elder Rasband about standing with our leaders. Elder Andersen about supporting the children. Elder Arnold about rescuing. Elder Mazzagardi about the Restoration. I loved Elder Bednars talk about the remission of our sins. And Elder Ballard talking about family councils brought fond memories of the Stake Conference a year ago. I loved seeing Rebecca in the choir, but did you notice that there was an old Elder from Chilliwack in the choir as well? Josh Richardson was in there. I fell out of my seat when I saw him! He was one of my favorite Elders. I loved the Priesthood Session! President Monson gave a short but powerful testimony on the use of our Priesthood and being worthy to use it at all times. We have a similar saying in our mission about being a missionary. President Felix asks us tor remember that we are missionaries at all times, in all things, and in all places! I loved the talk Brother Owens gave about true leadership. It gave me some good ideas about how I can better myself as a leader by being a follower of Christ. I loved President Eyring talking about Eternal Families, and President Uchtdorf talking about the same. Strong families seemed to be a huge theme in the conference. I wonder why? I could go on, but I loved everything about Conference. The Spirit was amazing, and I learned a lot about myself and about who I can become. Elder Holland really wrapped the Conference off nicely. And HOW ABOUT ELDER OAKS. Calling out directly the people who oppose. It was nicely done. I loved this past weekend! FOUR NEW TEMPLES. I also enjoyed Elder Christoffersen's talk. I am especially grateful for the kind of father he described, and I hope that when the day comes, I can be half the man that Dad is. 

The week has been good. We dropped Don. We talked about the Restoration, and it went well, but when we asked him to pray about it he said he would because we asked him to, but that he already knows it isn't true. So we simply told him we won't be able to meet anymore, but that he is more than welcome at church! He took it a lot better than I thought he was going to! Other than that, Abby is doing well. Elder Andersen's talk reminded me a lot of their situation. But she is going to talk with her dad this week, and hopefully we can get a move on! It will be good. We are seeing her again tonight. It's amazing how much she really wants to be baptized! I don't think I had as much of a desire as she does! 

But yeah, things are going well! I don't have a SD Card slot, so I am sorry there are no pictures, but I will send a bunch home soon! Or you can print them out when I send it home. Anyways, I really do love all of you! Know that things are really going well. I don't think I have ever been as happy as I have been these past nine months! Sure, you have your rough days or weeks, but I have always been truly happy. I think that has been one of the biggest blessings of being out on my mission: discovering true happiness in the true Gospel of Jesus Christ! Stay safe, Good Luck to Emerson with his papers, and make sure Jameson doesn't eat yellow snow!

Love,

Elder Jaxon Harvey

PS: President Uchtdorf's talk in the Sunday Morning Session was my favorite. Listen to it again maybe! :) 

Oh. YEAH. We don't get fed a lot at all. Haha. It's all good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment