April 25, 2016 - Santa Barbara

#IsItSeriouslyMayThisWeek?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? #DoubleDigits

Heyooooo!

So, First of all, I suck. I meant to write down my contact lens information before I left the apartment this morning but that never happened. And, I also haven't sent the package. So that is totally my fault. We ran out of time last week. I will make sure to get it done today! I am glad that you all liked the letters, and I am sorry that my handwriting sucks! I was in a huge hurry to finish writing those, and I rushed it. The next ones will be better!

Sounds like you have had quite the week! I saw the picture of our old house in Bowmanville.... Dang. I remember when I stepped on a piece of metal in that front yard and had to go to the hospital. I remember the huge lightning storm that took power out for quite some time, and I never got to play the Banjo-Tooie game we had rented from Blockbuster. I also remember when Mom's bike got stolen because we left the garage door open that night. I could go on and on! I also think it's super awesome that you got to go to Bowmanville Ward! I totally remember David. Crazy to think how grown up we all are! 

Speaking of the Sabbath Day, BroMac sent me the youth video! It was on Sabbath Day Observance, and they did a killer job! I miss those days. 

So, I have set up our Skype time. It will be either 5 or 6 your time. Which one works better for you?

So, this week has been interesting. Again! Haha. Elder Brown is pretty sick, so we haven't been able to do a ton of work this week. Which is fine, we have to make sure he is alright! We helped this lady named Marva move on Tuesday, and then she bought us food. So that was cool. Went on exchanges with Elder Reed on Wednesday, and taught our one investigator, Paul, about Temples and Eternal Marriage! 

Saturday was great! We had a JustServe project in the morning. We helped clean the west-side of Santa Barbara! Elder Brown and I got to go around and clean graffiti off of poles and such! It was super fun! Didn't do much else that day though.

Friday, we had an awesome District Meeting! It's super stressful having to plan out these things. Having to make sure that we have a really spiritual meeting but I also don't want to bore the heck out of everyone. We talked about Gospel Learning, and using Inspired Questions! I found this really great article, "The Lesson Is Inside the Learner" by Brother Russell Osguthorpe in the July 2012 Ensign! And I also love this scripture: 

"13 Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question—unto what were ye ordained?
 14 To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth.
 15 And then received ye spirits which ye could not understand, and received them to be of God; and in this are ye justified?
 16 Behold ye shall answer this question yourselves;nevertheless, I will be merciful unto you; he that is weak among you hereafter shall be made strong.
 17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
 18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.
 19 And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?
 20 If it be some other way it is not of God.
 21 Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?
 22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth,understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together."

It's all about the Spirit! If we don't have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, we can't teach! And if we teach by some other way other than the Spirit, it isn't of God! We can't lean unto our own understanding, rather, we need to trust in the Lord! We NEED the Spirit. Without it, we are nothing!

A few other things: Emerson, my prediction is that you will be going to California somewhere. Only because I absolutely LOVE California. 

Another thing. HOW THE HECK DID THE FLORIDA PANTHERS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!?! Didn't see that one coming.

I think that's about it from me. It's been a rough week, it's been a lonely week, but it's been a week where I have felt myself come closer to my Savior. I can't rely on anyone else except for Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. 

Love you all! Thanks for all of your prayers and all of your love!!

Love,

Elder Harvey

PS:  Tell Mathew that I say congrats! That's where Josh Engen is right?

Our District is super close, we all live within 10 minutes of each other

By the way, I am 10 months out on Sunday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment