September 5, 2016 - Erringer Ward - Simi Valley Ward

#313Dollars #WorthIt

Buenas Tardes! 

It's been an off week that's for sure. But things are going well! I forgot to mention this last week Mom, but I did get the package of garments! Thanks for that. It's pretty weird. Thinking this is the last Labor Day of my mission. Just trying not to think about things like that! Time goes by so quick. I am overjoyed to hear that Emerson's papers were submitted today! I hope he gets that call soon. 

Also glad to hear that the Butlers were able to come and visit! That must have been fantastic. I was thinking about how much I miss football this past week. It's football season here, and it's everywhere.

I also liked Dad's story about the Miracle of the Basketball Net. It's so true, something that may not seem like a miracle to one person really is a miracle to another! We had Sister Ford share her testimony yesterday. She had two big accounts just walk out on her this past week, and talked about how a steel cooking table that was up for grabs was a mini miracle to her. Something that happened that really told her: "God loves me." It's definitely the little things that makes the difference! 

I'll talk about the ankle now. Everything is pretty good! It is super annoying for me though. You know the feeling where you are trying to decipher if the thoughts you have are the Spirit or if they are just your own crazy thoughts? It's kind of like that. I have a hard time trying to tell if I am being a complete lazy wimp and just want to take a break, or if I really should limit time off of it. But, I lean towards the latter. Doctor's orders, right? It is super nice to have a car now though. We have been able to get quite a lot of work done. But, all is well! The cortisone injection has helped substantially with the pain, although it isn't completely gone. My boot also helps, although I hate not being able to drive. Just the little things! 

As a direct consequence of my ankle, this week has been one where we have worked really hard with what we were given, we just weren't given a whole lot. We got the car on Wednesday, and that was the day we had an exchange with the Zone Leaders. So, halfway through our exchange we had to drive to Ventura to pick up the car. It was a good day with Elder Rosenlof though. I loved it. We taught a few lessons, and spent some quality time in the car on the way back from Ventura. 

Friday was our Special Training. We learned about Communication, Health, and the Assistants taught us how to communicate with Spanish speaking people! The last one was my favorite. Learned how to get a solid contact with those Espanol peeps. 

Saturday I went on an exchange with Elder 'Iongi, who is a new missionary and can't drive. So, we weren't able to do anything all day. Except.... We went out to eat with some other Elders. What did we eat? WELL... All-You-Can-Eat SUSHI. It was my first time having sushi on the mission! We uh ate a TON. We each paid about 28$ (the total being around 140) and we calculated what the cost would have been if we paid for each individual roll.... 313 DOLLARS. Now, if that doesn't make Dad proud I don't know what will. It was awesome. Elder 'Iongi is a great Elder. He's Tongan, and just full of fun and energy. I love being surrounded by younger missionaries sometimes. They may lack in experience, but they are just so chalk full of energy! 

Sunday we had our meetings. Our Bishop really loves us. I love this ward, I really do. I might even venture to say it's been my favorite ward. Elder Alder and I have just taken what missionaries have done in the past and threw it for a 75 Yard Touchdown Pass. It's been great fun. Did I tell you about the referral that the Zone Leaders gave us last week? The man at the gas station? Well, HE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY. We were going to meet with him that night, but he got called into work. After the meeting we talked with him and he loved it so much that he wants to come every week! 

Anyways, it's been a great week. I am going to go and see the doctor tomorrow, and hopefully will receive good news. But, I think I said it last week, I am not going down without a fight. 

I love this gospel. I really do. Mom, something I loved about the New Testament was learning about all of the miracles of Jesus. I loved being able to take what Jesus taught and Sister Guenther was able to help me apply those teachings into my own life! I think my notes from that seminary year is somewhere in my stuff. You can use it! 

I love you all. Thank you so much for your fasting and prayers. THIS GOSPEL IS TRUE.

Love,

Elder Harvey

PS- I made steak.

Elder Harvey & Elder McCurdy





No comments:

Post a Comment