September 21st, 2015 - Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach 1st Wards

Anyone who has ever been inside Jaxon's car - YOU'VE GOT TO READ THIS TO BELIEVE IT!! :)  Plowman family - you are also mentioned below :)


All,

Sad to hear about Aunt Yvonne, but I know she is in a better place! She isn't feeling the pain that she was feeling before, and she is happy as can be in Spirit Paradise! 

This week has been a down week! It's okay, just a lot of appointments falling through and such! We had a super awesome lesson with a girl name Leonor, and she is really excited for our second discussion tomorrow night! She looks hopeful, and we are really excited to see where it can go :)

Big moment of the week! We had my first Zone Conference on Wednesday, and it was AWESOME! It was all about the Book of Mormon, and about how we can better use it in our proselyting! Beforehand, President Felix asked for everyone to prepare a talk, and that three people will be called on to share their thoughts during conference. So, of course, when they called the people that would be speaking, my name was called first! It was awesome, talking about how much the Book of Mormon has blessed my life and strengthened my testimony! If there is ANYTHING I have learned these past 2 1/2 months, it is the importance of the Book of Mormon in our conversion to Jesus Christ and His restored church! The Book of Mormon is amazing, and it really will bless all of our lives  as long as we read it! President and Sister Felix extended us a commitment to "read the Book of Mormon everyday of our lives without missing a day!" And I am so determined to do so! Any who feels like they need to, which should be all of us, should take that challenge! It doesn't have to be a lot, but reading out of the Book of Mormon, even if it is only a verse a day, will strengthen you in ways that you can't even comprehend! Anyways, another funny thing that happened at Zone Conference that is going to be hard for you to believe is that Elder Leavitt and I won an award for the cleanest car there! Yeah, I know, Jaxon Harvey having the cleanest car? That's not possible! But it is! It was awesome.

We are gearing up for an awesome week this week, and we are hoping to find a lot of success in the plans that we have made! I can't remember any guy named Steve, so I am going to assume that we are no longer teaching him! Haha. Leonor is really our only investigator now, and she is 14! Her parents are super supportive in her learning for herself and choosing her own path, so we are really really excited for this next week! She took the Restoration really well, she told us she felt the Spirit and she has been reading the Book of Mormon! Score! But yeah, we are really hoping things go well!

Really quickly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACHLYN! I woke up yesterday, looked at the date, and yelled it! Hope it was a fantastic day! I miss birthdays! Oh and really quick, there is a family in my ward who know the Plowman's! It's the Gonzales family! We had a super awesome conversation at dinner on Tuesday about Bowmanville and such! It was awesome!

I hope you all are doing well! Thanks for all of your continued prayers and support, it means a lot to me! I know this is God's work, and this is the true church on the earth today. The Priesthood is real, and Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and through him, Christ restored His true church! I know that without a doubt in my mind!  

Thanks again for everything, it means a lot!

Love,

Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment