September 6th, 2015 - Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach 1st Wards

We have arrived in Kingston - yet still in a hotel waiting for our stuff to arrive.  You'll see from his letter that I was asked to teach seminary.  For those that don't know - it is an early morning scripture study class for kids ages 14-18 - and because our congregation is small - the class would consist of my three kids and one other girl.  I taught it last year in Chilliwack but the class was bigger and it was only part time - so I was hesitant to accept the invitation until I talked with my kids and basically got their approval to be their teacher.  (I did say yes, and it's been going great - my kids are up and ready every morning and even make it enjoyable to teach  :)  ~Jenny

All,

How great it is to hear about your arrival to Kingston! Glad to know you have gotten there safe and sound. Okay Mom, I have to say, I laughed out loud when I read that you got called to be a seminary teacher. Did you seriously not see that coming? I did :P That's too funny. You should take the calling! That's just my suggestion. The Lord has placed you in that Branch, and has extended you that calling because He knows you are ready for it, He knows that you can bless the lives of the students in that class, and that it will help bless your life as well. I have realized that with my calling as a missionary. 1 Corinthians 10:13. Or 1 Nephi 3:7. Or Numbers 11:11-17. He calls us because we are ready, and who the Lord calls, He qualifies. Do it. That's my advice. You will see blessings come from it, I know it, and I testify of it. 

This week. Well, what a week it was. Not a good week at all honestly. We knocked so many doors, we tried to see so many people, and I guess the Lord just wanted us to learn patience and humility, because we saw almost no body. We have been working our tails off this past week, but we have some amazing things planned for this next week. We are really trying to get better connections with the members, and we are starting to see some glimmers of hope from that. We also had Zone Meeting this past week, and it was great! The Spirit is so strong when we meet together as missionaries to strengthen eachother, and I love it. I have been reading a lot out of the Book of Mormon, and I have began trying to memorize as many scriptures as I can. I should have a buttload of scriptures memorized by the time I am home! 

Fast Sundays are amazing. We are able to be in two testimony meetings, and the Spirit is so strong. We also got to teach a class yesterday, on missionary work, and how members can better become missionaries! It was awesome. The members in our wards really seem like they want to do missionary work, and we are getting ready to enact a plan where we can help them reach their full potential as missionaries! All you need to do is prepare yourself. You aren't going to find missionary opportunities if you haven't properly prepared yourself to loose your tongue. Doctrine and Covenants 11:21.

Anyways, hope everything is going well, and that you are able to adjust this week! Good luck to Hudson at tryouts, to Aydan in the strings class she should still take, and Emerson in his FVDES schooling, and Lachlyn in her new schooling as well! I love you all, and I thank you for the prayers that are given on my behalf. You are all such a huge strength to me! 

Love, 

Elder Jaxon Harvey

Elder Harvey and Elder Jaxon

Zone Conference

Eating at the Mission Home

No comments:

Post a Comment