September 28th, 2015 - Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach 1st Wards

I pulled a bad mom move and forgot to email him that morning :(  Thank goodness Bryan remembered and I managed to get a few off on my phone that he received before leaving the library (they use public computers to email each week since they don't have computers or internet in their apartments)

Hey All,

Noticed there was no email from Mom this week! Hope the funeral was a great experience for her. I read the sticky note from Aunt Yvonne on Monday night that was in my journal, and it was really nice to see what she said before I left! 

Okay, you don't know how happy seeing and hearing about Hudson's football game! That is so great. I remember spending a lot of time in the backyard, going over some scrambling drills before I left, do you remember that Hudson? Is that what you used in that situation? Keep going! You will eventually have to step up for your team! 

This week has been really cool! So, big news, I extended my first Baptismal Invitation this week, and Leonor accepted! It was awesome, but we figured out on Thursday that her parents aren't ready for her to get baptized yet! We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks, as we are fasting and praying for her and her parents! We have another appointment with her tomorrow, and it is going to be awesome! She came to church yesterday, and the youth really wrapped their arms around her and helped her through everything! She knows the church is true, and it is amazing to see her desire to go to church and to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ! She is really the only investigator that we have right now, still in the finding phase! Transfer calls are this week, so Elder Leavitt and I are nervously awaiting those! We really want to stay together for another transfer, but we will see what will happen! 

So, I did forget to tell you this, but last week I started driving! It's awesome. I got my "Tiwi Card" which is a card for the device that is in our mission cars that monitors our driving and such! So I have been able to drive while on exchanges, and it has been awesome! I will send a picture or two of me driving! Haha, I was so excited! 

It really is amazing to be out here. I see miracles happen everyday. Maybe not in the form of baptisms or investigators to teach, but we have countless members asking us how we manage to keep our spirit's up, and we honestly are just having a fun time with what we are doing. We contacted about 20 DNC's this past week, got yelled at a bunch, and just laughed it off! I really have figured out these past three months that there is no point in keeping everything in and letting them fester until you start hating what you are doing! There is no point in doing so. You just have to learn to laugh at yourself, and to shake things off and keep moving! So that is what I have been really working on. It is crazy to think that it has already been 3 months! I miss you all, a lot! And I hope you know how much I love each and every one of you!

Sad to hear about the passing of Elder Scott this past week, but it really just makes me even more excited for General Conference this week! WOOOOOO! I have been super pumped for this weekend alllllll transfer long, and I think Elder Leavitt is glad that this weekend has finally come, so I can finally shut up about it :P Hopefully you all can listen to every session! I am so so so so excited! 

I think that's really it for this week. Everything is going really well, and I activated my credit card too! Just so you know. I was actually wondering if I could buy a label maker from Walmart! It looks like it's only 20 bucks, and that way I can make sure my credit card is working. Let me know! 

I love you all. Thank you so much for all of the prayers that are coming my way and for all the care you show me. I really do appreciate everything that you do for me, and I can feel you all working through me. I love this Gospel, I know that it is true, and that this church holds the Priesthood Authority of God, and that it also holds the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it's true, and I know that we can all find out for ourselves! We just have to put our faith in God, put some effort into truly finding the truth, and we will find it residing in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

Love,

Elder Harvey! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment