November 2, 2015 - Arroyo Grande 1st Ward

FOUR MONTHS!

It seems like just yesterday we were saying goodbye - hard to believe it's been four months!

Hey All!

I hope all is well back at home today! Sending love from the rain filled streets of Nipomo :) Yes, it has started raining this morning! Super exciting, and everyone is gearing up for a huge rainstorm that is supposed to hit in January, called the "el Nino." I think it means little boy in Spanish, but I am not sure.

This week has been a lot better! We went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders on Tuesday, and I was able to go and do some YSA work with Elder Powell! It was a ton of fun, we actually went boothing at a University down in Santa Maria, and that was insane. Full-on soapboxing it almost. A lot of youth that are just so willing to learn about Christ and to hear about what we have to share as representatives of Him!

We helped a crazy lady move this week with the Zone Leaders after our District Meeting, and that was.... interesting. She's moving about an hour away, from Santa Maria to Paso Robles, and she wanted it all done on Friday.. Chazala is a single lady who is in her 70's, and she had four storage lockers filled to the brim of useless junk, all of which she wanted to keep and move into her apartment in Paso. Not only that, but she was four hours late, and so we only had an hour to help her out, according to our missionary rules. We didn't even fill a truck, but my Canadian Tire experience helped out a ton and I was able to pack that thing like a boss. You would have been proud of me Dad! Maybe I should be called the Packing Prince. Haha. 

So, Halloween was pretty crazy. We had to move our Weekly Planning session to Saturday night, meaning we were to be in by 7:00. So that day, there was a little trick or treating event being put on by the City of Arroyo Grand, and we decided to go to that and we talked to like a bazillion people. Way more people than we would have if we were out knocking on doors. Crazy amounts of people there, and we went to the Hurst's afterwards for dinner! (we are so grateful for families like the Hurst's who feed and love our son!)

Our Ward has started choir in preparation for Christmas (CRAZY) and we have joined, and I am super excited. I miss choirs so much, and so this is a tender mercy for me! 

Oh yeah, I did receive your package on Friday, and I have been driving all of the Elders crazy with the screaming pumpkin! Haha. Thank you so much. I received so much mail this week, it was insane! One from Elder Leavitt, my previous companion, and one from Leah! It was really great.

Nothing really more to talk about! I have been studying a lot on Christlike Attributes this past month, and am continuing to do so, with my study on Charity starting this morning! It has been amazing to feel of the Savior's love as I have studied His attributes, and am striving to become more like Him.

Let me tell you, this church is true. Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and I am strengthened in that testimony everytime I recite the First Vision. Heavenly Father loves us, and as we read and try to imagine the First Vision happening, we will know that for ourselves. There is an amazing power behind the First Vision when it is recounted in Joseph Smith's own words, and so I encourage you all to prepare for missionary opportunities by committing that to memory. Either tonight for FHE, or by ponderizing it this next week. It will strengthen your testimony like nothing else. Christ lives, and His prophet is on the earth today. I know that.

I love you all! Thanks for all your continued prayers and support. Have an amazing week!

Love,

Elder Harvey :) 
Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment