November 23, 2015 - Solvang Ward

All,

So, I love it here!

The move went well! I have now been in Solvang for a week, and I have absolutely loved the change! This week has been full of miracles and such, and A LOT of teaching! We taught like a total of 17 lessons I think? It was crazy. 

Good to hear about your week! Mom, I am praying every night that you will be able to find a job soon! 

That's a tough week for Hudson! Tough losses are.... tough. But yeah, especially when the Ravens don't seem to be doing too hot ;) (Hudson's team lost the Eastern Ontario finals in an amazingly close game - he was also cut from the basketball team on the same day :(

So, Monday was really nice. Packed all day, and the Hurst's had Elder Du Plessis and I over for dinner that night, and it happened to be a dinner with like 50 other people! In fact, the first person I taught was there, and that was really nice! We had dinner, and then I was able to share my last testimony at their house! I was definitely sad to leave that Ward, but I also have been really blessed with this new ward! (this is the message I received from Bro. Hurst later that evening: Elder Harvey just said farewell & left our home... We are truly going to miss him. I wanted to share with you his last few moments with us.. he shared one of the sweetest, most tender, heart felt testimonies I have ever felt and heard. He first shared a scripture that he had memorized, "And now, after the many testimonies that have been given of him, this is the testimony last of all that we give of him. That He lives!" That was when the tears began to flow... Then he slowly and tearfully shared with us that he knows that Jesus Christ lives, that the church is true and how much he loves the gospel and serving the Lord on his mission. He said much more, but it was very beautiful and very special.
I just wanted to share this special moment with you... thank you again for sharing him with us. I am sad he is gone, we will miss his laughter and his constant smile. You are blessed to have such a great son!!! )

Tuesday was transfer meeting, and it was really nice to get to see so many of the other missionaries that I know! It was really nice to see Elder Leavitt there, and got to talk to him for quite a while! Then, after transfers, I met Elder Lamb and we headed right off to Solvang! 

So, like I said, we have been teaching a crazy amount this past week. Elder Lamb is great! We both kinda struggled last transfer, and we are really hitting it off so far, and seeing miracles due to obedience and unity! It's been crazy to see how things have just fallen into place so smoothly this past week, everything has just seemed to work! We are really getting along, and we are ready to teach like crazy this next week!

So, this is some really cool news. Our District Leader is one that you all know, and I am really excited for the exchange that him and I are going to be able to go on! Yup, so Elder Bradley is my District Leader! Meaning him and I will get to be companions for a day in the next 4 weeks! We were both super excited to hear that we were in the same district, and yeah. That's like the coolest news I have on my side.  Other than that Elder Lamb is the absolute best! (We have gotten to know the Bradley family who live in Belleville - about 45 minutes west of Kingston.  We are excited for our sons to spend some time together!)

Oh yeah, food. So this area is famous for making us missionaries fat. Yeah, we get fed every night. It's another great blessing. 

We have been so busy that I haven't been able to snag a picture for you of the town! It really is a neat little town. You all know how much I love Christmas, and there are Christmas lights up already! Oh, and there is a Christmas STORE! So yeah, I absolutely love this place. 

Mom, I have been re-thinking going back to BC, AND I have had the same feelings. We will see what happens in a year and a half (YIKES!) and go from there! Maybe I can try to go to Queens or something. We will see what happens :) (When Jaxon left - he was adamant that he would return to BC once he came home.  I asked him to re-think this idea - partly because I would like him home for a while, and also because I feel he would be a huge blessing to the Young Adults in our area)

Anyways, is there anything else you want to know? I am trying a lot more to answer all of them. I would email Tara or Emily, but I don't have an email for either of them. Also, could I get addresses for family members? Maybe in a letter that you send? I would like to hand write a letter to people sometimes :)

Know that I am doing great, and that I am really loving this transfer already! I am growing firmer and firmer in the faith, and waxing stronger and stronger in humility. I love being out here, I love learning more about myself, and about my Savior, and I love the support that I get from all of you! I hope you all have a fantastic week, and I am so thankful for the prayers that are said on my behalf. I feel them working through me constantly! 

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Harvey

"Lord, I believe. Help thou mine unbelief."

Elders Harvey and Lamb

The Hurst Family

No comments:

Post a Comment