October 19, 2015 - Arroyo Grande 1st Ward

Still no word about his knee...we continue to pray that he will be able to stay on his mission and be healthy.  He has seemed a bit down the last few weeks - we are hoping it's just a phase.  I imagine homesickness is starting to set in - plus it's football season! :)

All,

I have had a pretty good week, spirit wise! Not a terribly great week in any other sense though. Things are going absolutely great! This week was full of hard work, a lot of trying and nothing following through, but a lot of inspiration and getting ready to really become the best missionary I can be.

Update on the knee. I booked an MRI for tomorrow morning, and won't know the results until Monday next week. I will get the results before emailing home though, so I will be able to tell you what is going on. We had interviews with President Felix on Wednesday, and he, being a physio therapist, told me how things work and what could possibly happen. He gave me a few options for what could happen, depending on if I need surgery and what kind of surgery it will be. He is pretty adamant in keeping me around. We don't know what it would do to my Visa if I did need to go home for a short time, but he said he will pull all the strings he can to have me stay in the mission if it would affect my service. We will see what happens, but I want you all to know how great of a Mission President I have, and how caring and just great to me and all the other missionaries he is. He truly is amazing. 

So, Leonor is doing well... We think. All of our appointments fell through this past week, with things being scheduled by her parents on the nights we usually meet. We haven't had any contact with her since Sunday of last week, so we are pretty worried. She is insanely faithful though, so she should be okay. We just hope we can see her tomorrow! We will see what happens with that. Also, Jude called us and said he didn't want to be baptized anymore, which is something I am used to from him, so we have dropped him as an investigator for now. 

Other than that, we have seen a lot of closed doors this week. We have seen almost all of our plans fall through, and we are just soldiering on and getting ready to absolutely kill this week! 

We had dinner with a family this week, and the dad is a CEO of a company, and during dinner, he pulled out a football signed by Peyton Manning... Not only that, but it was the 55th touchdown pass football from a couple years ago when he broke the record for most TD passes in a season. Pretty cool! 

It's been a struggle this week, but things are going well. I finished the Book of Mormon this week, and started it again! I am going through soft copies of the Book right now, and marking one topic in all of them. don't know if that makes sense at all, but right now I have started a study on Christlike Attributes, and it has been so amazing so far. I absolutely love it, and I love learning about Christ. He truly is the motivation in all I do, and I truly know he is the head of this church. He is the reason for everything, and he is the reason I am able to be clean again after I make mistakes. Not only that, but it is through Christ that we do hard things. It is the enabling power of the Atonement which allows us to exceed our mortal capabilities and become more than we ever thought we could be. I know this to be true, I have seen it work through me these past few months, and I see it work through me as I am able to stretch myself, more particularly my knee right now, to do things I don't think I would be able to do without him. I love him, I love this gospel, and I love serving here, I truly am blessed.

So, those mudslides weren't in our mission, but holy, the traffic on the 101 was craaaaaazy! We have gotten some rain this week, and everyone is gearing up for a wet winter.... Just my luck! 

I was also wondering if I could send a package home. Would I send it to Ontario or is there a place that I can send it to across the border? Let me know, and I can print out some pictures off of my phone and send them to you too :) 

I love that talk about music and the gospel! It is amazing, and I am sure you uplifted the Branch so much yesterday! (Bryan and I spoke in church the previous day - Bryan used this talk: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/the-music-of-the-gospel?lang=eng )

Great to hear about Maddy! That is so exciting. (a friend is expecting her first baby)

Okay, that's all from me I think. I spent about 49 bucks on the office supplies a couple of weeks ago, just so you know. And if i could use the card to print these pictures for you all, I would love that! :) And to send this package to you. 

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support! They mean the world to me, and they help me get through my days! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Harvey 


No comments:

Post a Comment