November 30, 2015 - Solvang Ward

Hey All!

So, another busy busy busy BUSY week! Holy cow, yeah, we've been really busy. But, I did get your package on Saturday, and am very excited for the advent calendar :) Thanks so much for everything else in the package! I wore the green tie yesterday, and am wearing the dollar store tie right now :) 

So, this week has flown by, but it's been a blast! First of all, we probably saw the most insane chain of events that I have ever seen on my mission so far! We are teaching an unmarried couple, Rick and Vanessa, and they have been pretty interested so far. Missionaries have been meeting with them for about two months now, and ever since I have gotten here, they have been progressing more and more! They have a 2 year old daughter, and one more on the way in January. But, they've been having some relationship problems. Which is normal, but we had a really awesome lesson set up on the Law of Chastity on Tuesday, had our RS President coming too and everything, and we got to their door and Vanessa answered and said that they wanted to reschedule, and Elder Lamb asked if we could just come in, wait for Sis. Mathews to come, and say a quick prayer with them! So, we are sitting there, and I felt prompted to share a scripture (shocker, right?). I shared Mosiah 24:13-16. Sister Mathews came into the house halfway through the scripture, and afterwards, Vanessa was crying and Rick was more solemn, and we offered to say a prayer and get out of their hair, and they insisted that everything felt better now. I swear, I saw the Holy Ghost belly-flop into the room from 6000 feet. It was so strong. Vanessa commented that she actually felt her burden be lifted from her shoulders, and we were able to share the Law of Chastity to them, and they asked Sis Mathews for all of this advice. She helped them out, and they asked for a Priesthood Blessing. We had two members come and give them blessings, and the Spirit again was very strong. We were probably there for a total of two and a half hours, and they turned from being angry at each other and not wanting to meet with anyone, to being happy and embracing each other at the end of the night. The next day, the ward all pitched in and bought them a Thanksgiving Dinner and again, they had a miracle in that. They were at church yesterday, talked with the Bishop, and they both know that the Church is True! Baptism is the next step :) well, they need to get married first, but they will get baptized :)

Nothing else really compares to that. Such a great week. We had to go to Santa Maria, I was able to get my knee brace, and on Friday we went to Ventura to get our Tiwi fixed (Have I told you about Tiwi? It's basically the worst.)(TIWI is a monitoring system on all missionary vehicles - it tells them when they are going too fast, accelerate too much, etc.  It's like having your 90 year old grandma in the car with you at all times)

Oh. So, A Savior is Born. We had Zone Meeting this past Friday, and we had an "advance showing" of the new Christmas video from the church! I loved it, and we have been sharing it with everyone we can! The rest of the meeting was very good, talking about elevating the mission and becoming one of the most productive and obedient missions in the world. It is really exciting, we are doing great and becoming better and better. Let me tell you, I have felt myself change and it's been amazing. Letting the Atonement change you is incredible, and knowing that I am becoming more and more like my Savior is a great feeling. Watch the Christmas Video if you haven't yet on christmas.mormon.org ! And share it with a friend :) It brings the true Spirit of Christmas into the Season. (If you haven't seen the video yet - please click on the link)

Mom, my shirts are doing well. It is difficult, and I wish I could tell you that I haven't gained any weight back, but I have, but my shirts are still pretty much fitting. It is especially hard to exercise properly, because we do only get a half hour in the morning, but we are doing our best! I love being out here. I can't explain to you enough how much this mission has changed my life so far, and Emerson, get out and "JUST DO IT" (Shia LeBouf). Haha, but it will change your life! Jameson: YOU NEED TO LOVE ALADIN. 

Thanks for being my wingman Mom, can always count on you to set me up with some dates ;) Haha. I look forward to their letters! :) (I spoke with a few girls in our congregation about Jaxon...they said they would mail him some letters)

Well, I love you all. I have a true and strong testimony of this Gospel, and I know we have challenges, but our Savior is there to carry us when we get weak. That is the true Power of the Atonement, especially for me the past five months. I have felt the Savior beside me as I do all I can, and He really does do the rest. 

Love you! Um, I will let you know if I have anything else to add to that list! :) 

Oh, Grey Cup, a member told me about the match up and I was so confused. How the HECK did Ottawa and Edmonton make it into the Finals? Crazy.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK! :)

Love,
Elder Harvey

"Give me mountains to climb, give me rivers to cross, give me something that's gonna make me better than I was."

1 comment:

  1. oh that TIWI...It was the pain in Corey's side as well, when he served there. HE hated it! We laugh now at his many funny stories regarding their TIWI. Sounds like Elder Harvey is doing great!

    ReplyDelete