October 26, 2015 - Arroyo Grande 1st Ward

Finally!  An answer to prayers!  We are incredibly grateful for a wise (physiotherapist) mission president and a merciful Heavenly Father that knows what is best for our son.  Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers on his behalf.  



All,

Hey! So, let's get down to business. I got my MRI results this morning, and nothing serious showed up on the scan! The doctor diagnosed a minor strain of a ligament or something like that, and prescribed a knee brace and anti-inflammatory's for the swelling! That's all that I will need, and that sure is a load off of my shoulders! Thanks for all the prayers on my behalf. They mean a whole lot! 

So, this week was another great week! We have been working hard to find and teach people! Leonor sent us a text on Tuesday morning, saying that the "Mormon religion" isn't for her, so that was a bummer. But no worries, we are starting off fresh now, and working hard with the members! We have had some really spiritual experiences with the members so far, just teaching the Restoration very simply and clearly, and I have absolutely loved it! Dad asked about Jude, and yes, he was very flakey so I don't know if we will be picking him back up anytime this transfer! Crazy to think that on Sunday I will already be out for 4 months! Ah! 

Let's see, oh yeah! I went on exchanges with Elder Barrios-Vega this week, working in the Spanish group for a day! That was really fun, getting to watch him teach a family of 7 in Spanish and throw away all their concerns and bear powerful testimony on the Book of Mormon! I felt the Spirit so strongly, even though I didn't know what the heck he was saying. It was funny, they asked him a question, and he turned to me and asked "They asked if we believe in Hell...." I almost started laughing, but thought it wouldn't be too appropriate. They'd probably understand my laughing, even if it is a Canadian laughing... 

Good to hear about everything back at home! We had the primary program this past Sunday, and my thoughts immediately turned to you Jameson! I miss you all a ton, but I am glad to be able to stay in California and fulfill my duty as a missionary! 

Great to hear about the Jags winning! I somehow run into a lot of people that just want to talk football, so we get a lot of conversations that way. Haha. Drives my companion insane, because somehow I know every stat from every week, without watching a speck of TV. What can I say! I have a gift. :)

Hope you all are doing well! I will try to send that package soon, and I will print out pictures to send all of you :) I also had to get a co-payment of ten dollars for my appointment this morning, and don't know if I will have to pay for my prescriptions, so just a heads up! 

Let me know when I can get my seminary scriptures :)

OH YEAH! We traveled to the edge of our mission on Saturday, to a little town called New Cuyama! It is in our area, about an hour and 15 minutes away from our apartment, and our WML, Brother Rust, drove us out to see a LA (less active) and try to talk with people. There was almost no point in going there, but the LA we saw was very appreciative and we gave her a blessing! Then, Brother Rust took us out and we kiiiiiinda ate a 7 patty burger. It was legendary. You'll see pictures :)

Love you all! Hope you all have a great week, and I know that the Lord is always with you! Emerson, get those papers done and out as soon as possible! Idle hands are the devil's workshop! It will bless your life, and you are ready to get out there ASAP!

Love,

Elder Harvey
"I Know That my Savior Loves Me!"

 I commented on Jaxon's brightly coloured tie - apparently they constantly search for weird, crazy, ugly ties...


No comments:

Post a Comment