November 28, 2016 - Canejo Canyon Ward - Newbury Park Zone

#FluSeason

Hey.....

Mom, remember when you said I was assigned as a nurse-maid on my mission?

First off, Elder Peart is my companion. And Elder Peart decided to get sick this week! #LightTheWorld!

Haha. It's been a good week. I don't think I have any Christmas requests. Contact paper is always good. I have made a few covers with the ones you sent me before. The Avery kind I think? But other than that, I don't have anything I really need!

So I am super confused. What happened with Hudson's game? Are they playing it or what? Why does he have a picture with the cup? I AM SO CONFUSED. 

Congrats on Emerson being able to baptize a convert! That's awesome. He'll be baptizing like crazy in Mexico I am sure! Also, Emerson, really study this week about the temple and about the Priesthood. You will be glad that you did. Enjoy your time at the temple on Saturday, I wish I could be there! But, I will be there in spirit. Enjoy it, learn lots, but try not to get too overwhelmed! 

Everyone else is from the US in our Zone. In fact, in our mission everyone is pretty much from the US. Except the seven of us from Canada, one from Brazil, and one from Honduras. Yeah.

The week has been fun! Really, things only happened on Monday and Wednesday.

Monday was fun. We didn't have any activity going on anywhere, so we stayed in our apartment for P-Day and I took a nap! Love naps. That night we had a quick dinner at the Warne's, and then our lesson with a potential investigator postponed for the next day. So, we felt we should go by Darren and see if he was home, and he was! They were having an early Thanksgiving dinner, but Darren came out and we were able to read Alma 36 with him. He seemed to really like it! He is so prepared, we just need to be able to find time to fit into his busy busy schedule.

Tuesday we were doing Zone Evaluations, which is where we evaluate each missionary in our Zone and let the Assistants know some strengths, concerns, and suggestions for their transfers. So that was fun, and in the middle of it we had a first lesson with Anita and her son, Diego. Or Brent. He goes by both of them. Don't ask me why. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and the Spirit was very strong. She told us about how we taught with such plainness things she could easily understand, and we answered questions of the soul that no one in her church could explain. That was cool! They have been out of town all week, and will be out of town this next weekend. So we are trying to meet with her soon and she will be a new investigator!

Wednesday I was on our last exchange with Elder Portillo, and we had a killer day. It was ALL TRACTING. I love tracting. I really do. It is so much fun, and I love just being able to get to know people. I have been trying to ask more direct questions to Heavenly Father while finding, and my question for that day is "Who do you know that needs the restored gospel in their lives?" Well, we were walking down the street, tracting any door we felt inspired to, and we walked past this house and knocked on another one, and then decided to start walking back towards the car. As we were walking past the house we just passed, we felt we should knock. So we did, and Carrie wants us to come by sometime this week to share #LightTheWorld! Oh, we also lost someone's dog that morning. We knocked on a door that was flying a Canadian flag (I HAD TO) and a dog ran out and down the street. So we went and got it for them. Good day.

Thursday was some good Thanksgiving. Just ate a lot of food. And then played ping pong all night. Twas good. 

And yeah. That's pretty much it. Nothing else has really happened since Elder Peart has been sick. Just a lot of sleeping! :) 

I have been studying a lot about humility, and I love a quote from Elder Bednar from this past conference: 

"We come to know the Savior as we do our best to go where He wants us to go,as we strive to say what He wants us to say, and as we become what He wants us to become. As we submissively acknowledge our total dependence upon Him, He enlarges our capacity to serve ever more effectively. Gradually, our desires align more completely with His desires, and His purposes become our purposes, such that we would “not ask that which is contrary to [His] will.”"

Have an amazing week! Love you all, and hope you start doing service! Remember, it's developing Christlike Behaviors that matters! That's what this Christmas Initiative is all about! So "Wake up! And do something more than dream of your mansion above!"

Love,

Elder Harvey

New Planner Covers


Remnants of a Card Fight


No comments:

Post a Comment